People are ignorant about the things they should avoid doing
immediately after a meal. These things may seem trivial but are of
serious consequence when practiced over a period of time.
The 7 important things that one shouldn't do after a meal are as follows:
1. Experiment from experts proves that smoking a cigarette
after meal is comparable to smoking 10 cigarettes (chances of cancer
2. Immediately eating fruits after meals will cause stomach to be bloated
with air. Therefore take fruit 1-2 hr after meal or 1hr before meal.
3. Don't drink tea immediately after meals. Because tea leaves contain
a high content of acid. This substance will cause the Protein content
in the food we consume to be hardened thus difficult to digest.
4. Don't sleep immediately after meals. The food we intake will not be
able to digest properly. Thus will lead to gastric & infection in our
5. Don't walk about immediately after meals. People always say that
after a meal walk a hundred steps and you will live till 99. In actual
fact this is not true. Walking will cause the digestive system to be
unable to absorb the nutrition from the food we intake.
6. Don't bathe immediately after meals - Bathing will cause the
increase of blood flow to the hands, legs & body thus the amount of
blood around the stomach will therefore decrease. This will weaken the
digestive system in our stomach.
7. Don't loosen your belt immediately after meals- Loosening the belt
after a meal will easily cause the intestine to be twisted & blocked.