11. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II
were made of wood.
12. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per
side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
13. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple
14. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan. There was
never a recorded Wendy before.
15. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II
killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
16. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will
instantly go mad and sting itself to death. (Who was the sadist who
17. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w film down
so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the norm.
18. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in
19. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
20. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law
which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything
wider than your thumb.